SCHS Holds Band, Auxiliary Banquet
The Stephens County High School Band and Auxiliary are preparing for next year after looking back on the year that was.
The Band and Auxiliary held their annual banquet last Tuesday night at the high school.
The Band Booster Club sponsors the annual banquet.
Stephens County High School Band Director Scott Wilcher said it was another great year.
“We had a great time tonight,” said Wilcher. “The food was great. The fellowship was great. We got to award a lot of kids who were well deserving of some special things. It has been a great year for us and we look forward to coming back and doing it all again in the Fall.”
Meanwhile, Stephens County High School Auxiliary Director Tamera Cash said they will be back at work soon for next season.
“It was wonderful as usual with lots of great awards going to lots of deserving young people,” said Cash. “For us, we start in the end of July with our camp and we roll right in to the camp with the band and auxiliary and we go right into football season. It was a good season this year. I have nine girls leaving me this year. I’ll have 42 next year, so (I am) looking forward to that.”
Seniors received plaques during the banquet and special awards were handed out.
Those special awards include:
- Most Outstanding: Katie Jones, Molly St. Clair, and Areil Rivers
- Best All Around: Katie Jones, Molly St. Clair, Ashley Hunter
- Director’s Trophies: Katie Jones, Elli Fricks, Alex Mote, Molly St. Clair
- Most Outstanding: Ondi Smith, Nathan Ivester, Kylar Jameson, Daniel Leverett
- Best All Around: Chris Antepenko, Jack Keane
- Director’s Trophies: Tanner Taylor, Liz Grana, Chris Antepenko, and Daniel Leverett
The Band also announced Jordan Chambers and Taylor Pruitt as the drum majors for the upcoming season during last Tuesday’s banquet.