Fire Investigators with Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens’ office said an arrest warrant has been issued for a Habersham
County man who caused a fire at a gas station which severely injured his wife.
Austin Dawkins, 37, of 6827 Highway 197 North Clarksville, Ga., will be charged with one count of reckless conduct, Hudgens said.
On October 16, 2013, Dawkins was fueling his 2002 Ford F-250 at the Gulf Food Mart, located at 183 Grant Street, in Clarksville, when he ignited a cigarette lighter near his gas tank causing a fuel vapor explosion.
Dawkins’ wife, Jessica Dawkins, 30, was standing next to her husband when the vapor explosion occurred.
Mrs. Dawkins sustained second and third degree burns to her legs, arms, back and head.
Austin Dawkins suffered minor injuries to his hands.